Thursday, May 31, 2018

Using Magazines

Hi all Vicki-Ann here today for Helmar. Today I have a  project recycling some old magazines.


So my aim was to use magazines in some way. So I went searching on pinterest for all the different ways you can use them. Wow there is some awesome ideas out there. So now I was all inspired by what I had found, so decided to do a small canvas.So first I grabbed some Decoart Americana craft paint and painted my canvas with 2 shades of blue and added some gesso here and there to add some dimension.

Then I went about choosing my magazine images. I really like the texture of the paper in the Frankie magazine it is not a shiny magazine so thought that would work great. So I went looking for a page that had pinks as I thought that would stand out great on my blue background. I found this great one of a doona with all different shades of pinks, perfect. So I just started cutting out tear drop shapes in all the different pinks. On the other side of the page there was some darker colours too, so I cut some of those out.

*To find images try not to look at the pictures just look for the colours. It can help, if you cut out a frame in paper and hold that over the top of your magazine page. So that your eyes just see the colour and not what the whole image is.



Now to start to pop down my tear drops I put some Helmar Decoupage & Craft Paste a tiny amount on the back of each tear drop with the Helmar glue and paint spreader. I placed this down were I wanted the image to go and smoothed it over with the Helmar glue and paint spreader so that it was adhered to my background firmly with no bubbles.



I waited for this all to dry and went around my tear drops using a fine paint pen. I also went around the edges with some black ink and my blending tool to give it a dark edge. Then sprayed 2 coats of Helmar Crystal Kote Picture Varnish Matte Spray to seal it as this prevents tarnishing and is non-yellowing.
Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..