Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Books...

I have been on a bit of a splurge looking for books that I can use in my collage.. Thought I would do a bit on what I have found for inspiration for drawing and just for use as collage fodder.. I know some people will be going oh no you cant do that to a perfectly good book.  My friend was so horrified when I used one book by her favourite author in my collage pieces.. That book has gone on everything for over a year now and it still has a few pages left.  It has great paper in it. 

Yep Star Wars you say? Well last year in ICAD I drew R2D2 and found it was great to draw robots and this has lots of robots and spaceships for reference for drawing. 
This is a fabulous book on Dragons I so want to have a go at drawing some dragons in my sketchbook.  I love the embossed cover it shines and has so much texture. Might do one of those pencil rubbings of it. This is one I think I would have trouble ripping up. So to the reference shelf it goes.




This has the cutest little drawings of people and food in it and is quite hilarious to read the descriptions of the cooking utensils and food. 
Eg. G for Gadget...Any mechanical device that performs a kitchen task in one-twentieth the time it takes to find it.


After folding the washing the other week and flicking the towels as I was folding them.. Well a spider landed on my neck and bit me twice, it was so darn quick.. Big red lump and a rash developed but nothing else thanks to the advice of taking a antihistamine tablet from the chemist.. Had to keep an eye on it to make sure it did not get infected. But it was just fine in 24 hours.  So think I will have a lot of joy in ripping this one up to pieces.. Will be very cool legs for some of my collages.. 

So my $4 was well spent I thought.  I was there for ages looking through all the books. It was an everything on this table $1 sale, so thought what a bargain.

So day 6 of the #90daysofblogging accomplished. If you would like to pop over and see what the others joining in on this challenge are up to today.. 
Here are the links...
Tamiko McCurry
Donna Lueders
Sandee Setliff
Sharon Estes
Yvonne Armatage Gebauer 

Have a great day
Sandy :) 

4 comments:

  1. Rip away girl! LOL I don't mind spiders unless one is on me. Thank goodness it wasn't a poisonous one. Great book find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEeekkk...I don't think I could buy the spider book!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwwwww!!!!! I would have freaked!!! UGH, I really, really dislike spiders!! Rip that dang book up!! Although, I don't know if I could even touch a page with a big a** spider on the page......shivers! Have fun,,,,and I agree,,,,the spider legs would be great on collage.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..