Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Vintage themed mini tags...

I have been having some fun making some mini tags. I have an awesome tag punch that I thought needed some use. It is a fun way to use up some of my scrap papers.


So first I cut out some tag shapes from some of my coffee stained papers in card stock. Then tore up some book papers and card stock with some writing on and using a blending tool and some vintage distress ink. I blended around the tag and the torn edges of the card stock. I had some cheese cloth so I cut some of that off and dirtied it up a bit with the blending tool and ink. Then I fussy cut some butterflies, as I am making a few of these. I also used my hole reinforcement punch and punched some book papers to pop over the hole.
Now I have all my pieces ready it is time to get the Helmar premium craft glue out. This glue is terrific. It glues everything down so well, dries so quickly but gives you enough time to move it or straighten it without leaving a mess of too much glue. It does not buckle the paper and if you get it some in a place you do not want it. You can just gently rub it and it will come off. I would have to say it is my favourite.


So first using the Helmar premium craft glue and the card stock distressed tag. I glued the book paper, then the writing paper, the cheese cloth layer then on top of that.


I popped my focal image of the fussycut butterfly on top of the cheese cloth.  I thought the tiny piece of cheesecloth just gave it a bit more added texture.Under a couple of the butterflies, to give them a bit of added dimension. I added a little blob (technical term) of Helmar liquid scrap dots. I used a bulb clip through the hole and attached a bee and a scissor charm.


These are a great tiny addition to planners and travelers notebooks. Add them in pockets or attach with a brad. Or even just as a little gift to add a smile to someone’s day.

Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..