Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas tree canvases...

I found this lovely youtube tutorial from Einat Kessler for a Christmas tree canvas, find it  Here Such a wonderful explanation step by step process I thought Hmm I think I can do that.  I had been wanting to make something special for both my children this year as they are both having there first Christmas away from home.. So I wanted to make them something hand made to have up for Christmas..  




Such a fun little canvas to make. I made this with Kaisercraft Christmas papers and rubons.. I used Christmas music paper for the background.  My old handy portable typewriter for the words.. Sissix diecuts and my bigshot for the word Joy. I hand cut the stars out of cardboard and embossed them with silver then popped them up with dimensional tape.  I also used buttons for ornaments on my tree as I love the look of buttons on mixed media projects. It is glittered around the edges but hard to see in my photos.. 
Just for fun I am going to link this up at Creative every day

So as this is getting in the spirit of Christmas think I will say... 


Have a Merry Christmas 
Sandy :)

3 comments:

Thank-you for the lovely comment..