Monday, January 29, 2018

Shaker Card

I used the lovely Rinea metallic paper and the Helmar 450 craft glue today and made a shaker card.
The shimmer of the Rinea Mettallic paper looks awesome for this and love the way it embosses.



I made myself a template out of cardstock so had the size I wanted. That made it easier to cut the cardboard and the 2 other layers that I needed. Then I cut the cardboard using a craft knife on the self healing craft mat.

Then I cut the part that would cover the cardboard so you wont see that. I edged the bottom of the top page with a wave design. Cut some plastic to fit over the front of your square on the cardboard and a piece of Rinea metallic paper that will cover the back.


I punched hearts out of the Rinea paper it is double sided so gold on one side and purple on the other so that made having it all coordinated very easy. 

I ran the purple side up through my bigshot with an embossing folder to add the words, then layered on a white card with first a gold underneath then the embossed Rinea paper in the purple.




You need some plastic, I used an A4 plastic sheet and cut it to fit the square.



Then your shaker part to assemble lay your cardboard down first.



Add your Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive  around the edge of the square and place the plastic over and press all around.






 Then turn it over and add your hearts. I had some showing purple and some showing gold.


Go around the back with your Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive and add your purple backing paper and press down all around the edges. Now you have your shaker.


So all you need to do now is add more of the Helmar Quick Dry Adhesive to the back of your shaker and place it on top of your embossed card.


I added a little wooden detail of a xoxo on top. I used distress ink to colour it purple and added some gold to the edges of it.

 

The embossing worked so well and having the double sided papers made it so easy. The Helmar 450 Quick Dry made it very simple and quick. I did not have to wait for layers to dry.

Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..