Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Flower fun...


I have been watching a few of Rae Missigman. Rae sets a timer and does an Art journal spread in 15 minutes and posts them on Vimeo. Rae calls these series of video's she has done 15 minutes of Mixed Media. So thought ok I have 15 minutes, I am going to try this. So I did pop Gesso on my page and dry it before I started. That was all the prep though, did not even select paints just went with it. So the colours I selected were from the DecoArt Americana line. My favourite colour Sea Breeze, Orange Flame and Lemon Yellow. Will have to use these again together they are so pretty.  I really love the free style of the way that Rae does her art journal pages. Pen and grey lead pencil scribbling. Just being very free with paint love that, it just makes it fun. I used the Andy Skinner stencil Burned Rubber its a great chevron.. I did it underneath in the orange and then on top in the blue. I finished easily in the 15 minutes but then I did add the quote after. "A single flower can be an entire wonderland in itself." Thought that quote fitted my pages. 

Have a great day
Sandy :)


1 comment:

Thank-you for the lovely comment..