Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mixed Media Cards...

I needed to make some cards my stash is getting low.  If anyone needs a card they come and dig through my draw to see what they can find, often there is something there that they like.  My draw is getting quite low in stock though, so thought I would do a few Mixed Media cards to add to it.  
I added some distress ink to my craft mat and sprayed with water. Then I got a file folder that I had added some Tim Holtz washi tape and did the slap and drag method to get some colour on it. Then I cut them to card size so I got 4 cards out of one side of a file folder. I then added some stenciling with distress ink and the mini chicken wire Crafters Workshop stencil. Stamped my favourite stamp at the moment the doodled triangle. Grabbed some Gesso on my finger and rubbed over the top. Then added DecoArt Sea Breeze Americana paint with my finger to blend it.  This Butterfly stamp from Tim Holtz is one of my favourites. 





So added some embossing with Black and the blue is Faded Jeans embossing powder by Ranger. I used the great quote stamp from Stampin'up, it's from the stamp set called Butterfly prints. 

Well it was great to do some cards need to make a few more yet but this is a start. I have the other half of the file folder done with some distress colour so will do some more cards with that. 

I am entering this in the challenge at
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Use a Crafters Workshop stencil.

Have a great day.
Sandy :)

Day 24 #90daysofblogging

5 comments:

  1. Lovely mixed media cards, love the colour blend. Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your mixed media cards!! Thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are beautiful. I haven't made any cards in like....forever! Great idea to keep a bunch on hand and let friends/family use them also. I always gave all my cards away to family members when I was only making cards, and now I have none.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these cards.. we need to hangout soon.. and make cards.. hard to say when.. because of how Brook is sleeping...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it!! Keep selling those cards, they are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..