Saturday, February 23, 2013

CAS(E) this sketch! #16

I needed some sympathy cards in my stash of cards, I find these ones very hard to make at any time let alone when you really need to have one.. When I saw the sketch this week from Karolyn Loncon at Case this sketch. I knew it was the perfect one for the image that I wanted to use.. 
I did a bit of water coloring and if you follow my blog you will know how rare it is that I actually water color or color anything, but I did like the soft way this stamped image looked water colored.  The image is a stamp set from Stampin'up 'Echoes of kindness'.  I water colored it in Wisteria Wonder and a Tim Holtz distess ink, Spun sugar, such a pretty soft pink. 

So here is my card...



I would also like to welcome as new followers to my blog Kaz and Kay.  Hope you enjoy having a pop around my blog and having a peek at what I do..

Have a great day 
Sandy :) 





14 comments:

  1. Such a delicate card and I love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it's hard to make sympathy cards - I needed some recently and it's not easy to make them under pressure. I do love this one you've made - delicate and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, what a great idea and so good to work in advance.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully serene sympathy card - definitely a good idea to have some on hand before you need them. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy this is such a pretty card - the light colouring really suits the sympathetic theme and I think that it has the exact balance of colour and white. Saw it on MIM.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sandy. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this beautiful card on mim and came by for a closer look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and colors. I spotted this on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant and gorgeous Sandy..love the shaped embossed panel and beautiful image..

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card! I'm loving the sketch and delicate colors! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandy
    Such a beautiful card, the layout is simple and elegant. Love the soft colouring.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous sympathy card, love the colors and that stamp image. Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely, fab layout and love the SU stamp and pretty colours,
    Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an elegant design! Love your flower stamp and beautifully embossed paper! I came over from MIM to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..