Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WOYWW #184


Today I am in the middle of making one of those exploding boxes.. Hope to get it finished by the weekend lots of little bits to it but am enjoying doing something a little different..  I always like to do something new to me..  There are so many of them on youtube for inspiration.. So just had a cuppa and browsed away.. Then I did my own thing as many of the measurements called for 12 x 12 sheets of cardstock.. I wanted to use my 6x6 paper packs to make it and by doing it a little smaller.  I was able to just cut one sheet into 4 and cover the inside and outside with only 2 and a half sheets of my 6x6 paper packs.. They are such lovely papers from Kaisercraft and think they will look lovely for this.. Lots of inked edges, so very inky fingers at the moment and lots of drying time so nothing gets all smudgy.. 
So here is my desk...


I did make a card to pop my little birdcage in. Thanks for all the suggestions last week of what to do.. I just popped a little brad at the top and hooked the little birdcage over the top.. 


It was such fun last week also to catch up with another WOYWWer.  Eliza at Queenartoypia and I met at her lovely workplace the gardens are so lovely and the day was just perfect..  We chatted away about all things crafty while drinking lots of coffee.. Those lovely flowers on the right of my desk and the little pinecone and leaves are a present that Eliza made and gave to me I am using a few on my exploding box.. We had a bit of a swap of dies, was lovely to get some ones to use that I do not have yet.. 
So hope you have a great peek around desks and make sure that you link up with Julia's Stamping Ground this WOYWW? 
Have a great day
Sandy :)

20 comments:

  1. the card looks great, good luck with the box trace x #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kaisercraft papers that you are using look fantastic and will make a beautiful exploding box and really like the treatment you gave to your little birdcage, it looks very elegant. Happy WOYWW, Anne x #21

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your desk always looks so busy and crafty. I think exploding boxes are wonderful, I made one for my Mum once but she didn't quite understand the logic of the lid and forced it on and squashed down all the sides of the box which ruined it but I forgave her lol.
    Happy woyww
    Elaine #34

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab desk, and your box looks amazing. I have never tried to make one of these, but have a template...!!! One day I will use it. Happy WOYWW. Helen, 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy WOYWW. Fantastic crafting. You choose such wonderful colours. Ali x #20

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous way you made a cover card for the bird cage
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, very pretty, just doubled checked that I am following you, (yes) I need ideas and you have given me a few Happy WOYWW #41
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, colours are gorgeous. I'm sure you're exploding box is going to look fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bird cage card and look forward to seeing the box too. Your desk is looking creatively good.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Can't wait to see your exploding box!
    Happy WOYWW. xx
    Roudi #61

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! The birdcage tag is perfect!! Looking forward to seeing the exploding box!

    Happy Wednesday,
    Nadia (WOYWW #58)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your birdcage! And the card! Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #79

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed making exploding box, looks great. #97

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card. I love the exploding boxes! I am going to try and visit a lot of blogs this week and make up for missing last week. I had a great time on my cruise but now I am so feeling the crunch of the holiday season. I plan on getting the tree and decorations up by Friday and leaving them till...?? I hope you have your holiday plans more in control then I do! Have a great week! Vickie #3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely papers you are using on your exploding box & I love your birdcage! Hope you will share the finished box next week.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Hugs, Renee #101

    ReplyDelete
  16. That card is great and the birdcage is going to look super cool on her tree.
    I love making exploding boxes.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #11

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your wee exploding box is going to be just precious, Sandy! And how neat that you got to get together with Eliza!!

    (I'm not playing WOYWW this week, no time, but wanted to pop in and see your desk!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card looks great. I especially love the Bird cage .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! It does sound like Christmas came early!! I love seeing packages waiting for me when I get home.

    Your garden is amazing! It looks beautiful - and I do love zucchini! Yum.

    Merry Christmas and Happy WOYWW
    Hugs,
    Kay #84

    ReplyDelete
  20. Neat card with the bird cage! Happy Holidays! Nan 75

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..