Monday, December 31, 2018

Bloom Banner...

 Every year I pick a word to be my word of the year. For 2019 I have picked the word Bloom. I have been doing a lot of gardening and when I was looking for inspiration for my word this one just seemed right.







I made a pattern out of paper so I got my sizes the way I wanted them. Then I used these for cutting out my pieces. I cut 5 pieces of hessian and 5 pieces of fabric. I pinned and cut around the shapes.

Now grab the Helmar Spray Adhesive  (Excuse the hands with the ground in dirt on them, the hazards of gardening.) Make sure you have a well ventilated room and pop some paper down to catch any excess adhesive. Now holding the Helmar Spray Adhesive spray can 20 to 30 cm away from your material, give it a quick spray on the wrong side of your printed fabric. 


Now just turn it over and position it on your hessian pressing it down flat. 


Grab your stencil and because I wanted to position my lettering in the centre and see how it looked. I placed my stencil over my fabric and just used a pencil to get it all in the right spot before getting my black paint pen.


Now this bit is optional as it is already on there really well with the Helmar Spray Adhesive  I really like the stitching though it just added a bit of detail. I stitched around the edges using a zigzag stitch. As the Helmar Spray Adhesive  was on there holding it, everything stayed in the perfect spot. So I did not have to pin anything. How awesome is that. It also made it really easy to fold it over at the top. I just stitched it on the wrong side, so that I now had an opening to thread my string through.


I cut some strips of the same fabric using my pinking scissors and just tied them on the ends and in between each of the letters. I thought this added a nice finishing touch to my banner. I just used a bit of washi tape to hang up my banner on the shelf above my desk. I will enjoy seeing this in my art room for the year 2019 to inspire me. 

 

Have you chosen a word for 2019? 
Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..