Thursday, January 23, 2014

Birds and 36...

I have been loving how France Papillon has been doing her journal pages and then gluing them into the wonderful Finnibar journal. Well I do love to sew, and have been wanting to sew on my journal pages and because they are in a journal that makes it quite hard to do.. So today I was looking around and spied a journal that I had made a while ago and thought there is no reason why I cannot paste watercolour paper into these pages.. So that's what I did. 
I find it very freeing not to worry about getting other pages inky or about them getting stuff on them, as I am so messy and still learning so many new techniques.. 
So today I was watching Limor Webber's wonderful video Here and she showed a watercolour background that I so wanted to try. It was very wet and knew that I would get my journal terribly messy. So the two things came together and this is what I came up with..
Kaisercraft stamp on the side is called 36 my daughters favorite number so I had to get that one.. Two stencils from the Crafters workshop mini flying geese and mini Birds..
Quote is "Its not who you are that holds you back. Its who you think your not'. 

Have a great day
Sandy :)



2 comments:

  1. This page is beautiful and I love how your watercolor background turned out!! Gorgeous colors and I love that stamp too!! I also just ordered it. Love your work girl.....and I'm so glad you ventured over to Limor's Ustream class! I honestly just keep scrolling back up to look at your page. lol <3
    Huggss,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there it is, beautifully stitched in place. Great looking page! Whatever you did with the watercolor worked out wonderfully. Great quote as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..