Saturday, January 7, 2017

Wood block Christmas decorations.

This was a project that I did for Helmar for Christmas. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a happy and art filled New Year. 

I have made some decorations to sit on my shelf. They could easily be adapted to be hung on the tree or on the wall. This is out of more recycling of the wood off cuts that we get from a friend that builds staircases.
   

First I sanded all the edges of the wood off cuts and painted the back and sides with Gesso. Then I painted the sides with True Red Decoart paint. Using some Christmas music themed paper I covered the front with Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste and using the paint and glue spreader smoothed it out so there were no bubbles.I painted some book paper with some watered down Gesso. Then I drew a snowman and Angel and fussy cut them out. I pieced a tree together in some layers of different Christmas themed scrapbooking paperpaper.
I used some Decoart modeling paste at the bottom of the snowman and the Angel on the backgrounds to give it some texture and was going for a look of snow and a cloud. 


I painted the background added some rub-ons and drew some dangles at the top. Then I added my images of the snowman angel and tree with my Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste and paint and glue spreader. 
I added the words with my Alphabet stamp set and added a bit of glitter to the stars. 




So hope you enjoyed my Christmas project. I enjoyed making these and adding my Grandmothers tiny Christmas tree in the photos.

Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..