Saturday, July 6, 2013

Dream...


So I finally got some plasterers tape last week and could not wait to use it.. I undid the roll straight away and stuck it all over this page with heaps of modpodge..  I then went over it with gesso over the top just lightly.  Got the baby wipes out and painted with turquoise paint.  I had the men done sitting on my desk with there little tag from the other week, when I changed my mind about the theme. So that was what I was wanting to use as I liked them and thought they fitted well on this textured background.  I also used pages from the dictionary that I just brought from the second hand book store. They are really thin so popped Tim Holtz washi tape down them to give them support.  I had scraps of lace left over from another project and I sewed them on under the tags.. I don't have a clue why I ripped the tag then sewed it together like that but I liked it.. Its distressed all smudged and grunged with walnut distress ink around all the edges.  I really liked this quote it fitted with everything I am thinking at the moment.  Its funny how a quote just sticks out and says pick me, pick me.. 
Quote is "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."                                                                                      C. S. Lewis.

I am going to link this up with the following.
Balzer designs
Simon says stamp and show

Have a great day
Sandy :)



5 comments:

  1. Sandy....very cool art journal pages! Love the deep blue color as your background on the graph paper. I also really like the added bits of old torn text, tags, tickets and lace. Very textural and very vintage looking. Tim's gentlemen creating a pocket is a great idea. Love the sentiment as well! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sandy! These are wonderful pages and I enjoyed looking at them so much!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sandy! These pages are dandy!!! Love love the background, especially the blue checks. The tag behind the image of the gents is perfection! Love both pages! Just fabulous! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layered elements look great and the background with the plaster tape adds some great interest to the background. I think if you have a mind to tear soemthing up them you should do it, who are we to question what we do for the sake of being spontaneous in creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Sandy, this is spectacular! I can't even imagine creating this type of amazing project and I so enjoy getting to see the work of other artists who rock it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..