Thursday, November 9, 2017

Spring flowers

Well Spring has sprung here in Australia and my garden is in full bloom. So thought I would do some flowers on a canvas with lots of layers of collage. You can find more details about this canvas on the Helmar Creative team page.




I covered the canvas with random scrap papers. I used the inside of envelopes, book paper, dictionary paper and any scrap of patterned paper. I tear these up leaving rough edges. Using the Helmar Decoupage and craft paste I layer the papers.


I always add the Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste to the back of the item I am gluing and the surface I am gluing onto. This gives a great adhesion. Then using the paint and glue spreader I go over it getting out any air bubbles.


I used some modeling paste through a Tim Holtz stencil to add some texture.


I then used some Decoart Americana paints and painted over the collage papers. I like just a bit of the layers to show through with pops here and there to add interest.


I then cut out circles of book paper and using some of the papers from my desk that I used when I was cleaning off from my last Gelly plate day. I cut out some flower petals. Then placing them so I could add stems I used the Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste and the paint and glue spreader and put them on. Remember to use the paint and glue spreader again so you get the bubbles out. This all dries clear so no need to worry about any excess glue. Wait for all of it to dry I like to leave it all for a few hours at least or come back the next day. I have wrecked many a pen by trying to draw over the wet paint. So now it is time for the doodling I added stems and lines with my black pen and white pens. I love doing all the doodling.




So for the final step once the pen is dry give it 2 coats of the Helmar Crystal Kote Matt sealant this stops it from fading and seals it all in perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..