Sunday, June 7, 2015

Inspiration Wednesday...

I am playing catch up with my classes from Donna Downey Inspiration Wednesday. Wont take me long to catch up now I have started again as they are only twice a month, so means I am only a few behind. 


This one was quite a challenge there was skins to make and lots of texture. DecoArt Glazing Medium and lots of Matte Medium. I used the Modeling paste for the skins they turned out great, lots of texture on them. I tried to make them bumpy and not smooth. I really liked the way the Andy Skinner Children stencil worked on this one. I thought it was great that I had both the mask and the stencil to use in the two different ways. I also used the Media Line Texture sand paste in the background. I did not know how it would go with the glazing fluid but I like the way it looked with that beautiful DecoArt Media Line Cobalt Teal Blue. I used the Burnt Umber on the ribbon at the bottom and the Quinacridone Violet on the stencil of the children. Overall I was happy with the way this turned out and I used a few new techniques which is always good to do. 

Have a great day
Sandy :) 

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! LOVE this journal page with its fab texture and the brilliant composition, Sandy!
    And I love the quote too!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..