Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Postcard swap

 I am an Australian Art swap member on facebook and this time we are swapping postcards. The theme was to recycle Christmas wrapping paper on our postcards and write a quote or some inspiration for the coming year on it.





I cut my card to postcard size, then I received some lovely hand stamped Christmas paper.  I thought was it perfect for this project that I had saved. Using the Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste. I covered my card with my Christmas paper smoothing out any bubbles.



Next I decided what I wanted to go on top for the next layer. So digging through the box I decided that the sunflower was perfect. I tore some of my Nana's copied recipe and a bit of bird from some  paper.

I always place the pieces on top before gluing and take a photo so I can look back when gluing.


So starting with the recipe piece of paper that is the bottom layer.


I glued using the Helmar Premium Craft glue. Gluing and adding my layers.


I coffee stained some copy paper and typed some quotes. Inked around the edges with vintage photo distress ink and added them to the postcards using the Helmar Premium Craft Glue. I posted these off last week, I hope my swap partners like them. I made a small one for me to add into a book I want to make with all bits and pieces in it.

Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..