Sunday, June 2, 2019

Vintage style page dividers

 I have been working on some Vintage tabbed inserts for a vintage journal that I want to make this year. I have been making all sorts of pockets and tabs to add to it.


I have a lot of card that I like to use up for these sort of things. I reuse all sorts of card and cardboard, once it is covered you would not know anyway. To start for this cut any size you like as it is going to get covered in book paper. So on my card I went around the edge with the Helmar Premium Craft Glue then pressed it onto my book paper. Then I trimmed with my scissors around the edge. I did the same with the other side but this time it was just coffee stained paper I used. I used this so I could have it blank to journal on. Then on top of the book paper I added some Tim Holtz washi tape to just get a start on some collage.



Next I selected some ephemera that I have collected. I have a small box I collect things I like the look of. This is sometimes just scrapbook papers that I cut down to fit in the box. I find it easier to use when I look at smaller pieces. I cut it to the size I wanted and then went around all the pieces with my blending tool and my distress ink.


I place the pieces on to the background, then take a photo. This way when I remove them to glue them I have a reference of were I had them. Often it is in layers so a photo really helps.


So starting with the bottom layers I added the Helmar Premium Craft Glue smoothing out with the tip of the bottle. I like that if you pop too much on you can just rub off the excess with your finger.


I wanted a little pocket on each of them so I cut some cardstock in a triangle and just glued with the Helmar Premium Craft Glue along the bottom and side edge. That makes a lovely little tuck spot to add a tag or some tickets.







To add a tab at the top or side I use a die and run it through my bigshot die cutter. I use this die a lot it is one of my favourites. I always do the 2 of them and add the small one to my stash for later. Just fold in half and burnish with a bone folder. Then I use the distress in and blending tool around the edges. Pop some of the Helmar Premium Craft Glue around the edges and in the middle and press on to your project were you want it. I think they are a cute addition. I often add numbers or pop a eyelet in so I can use a bulb pin and trinket.



I really enjoy layering ephemera and collaging it all onto scrap card to make something. So hope you have a go and use your ephemera collection.

Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..