Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Birthday Owl Canvas.

Hi everyone Vicki-Ann here for the Helmar Creative Team today. Recently my daughter had her birthday and every year I make her a small owl canvas instead of a card. 


First I painted my background using 3 different Acrylic colours and a palette knife blending to get some variations in colours. I added clouds and the big flower adding white painted highlights. 


Using the papers that I have on my desk I cut the owl shape and added that using the Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste and the paint and glue spreader. I add the Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste to the back of the paper and to the canvas and then spread out any bubbles. Once this was dry I added painted wings adding layers of paint to try and match the papers on the body. I added circles of the vintage book paper with more of the Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste  I then thought he needed a beak so cut some more paper for the beak. Once it was all dry I added eyes and painted the eyelids in a skin tone colour.  



Once everything is dry I love to add tiny details and doodles. Mainly just squiggles and lines filling in with my Signo Uniball pen in white. I like to leave it all overnight to dry thouroughly then I add 3 coats of the Helmar Crystal Kote Picture Varnish Matte Spray This seals it and keeps it from fading.  My daughter loved her and I gave her a small wooden easel so it could sit on the shelf.

Have a great day 
Vicki-Ann :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..