I sprayed the paper with water. Then I added puddles of watercolour.
I found that you had to work quickly so the watercolour did not absorb into the paper. I dabbed the watercolour on with a watercolour brush adding more water as well. Then when you could see you had a puddle. I used the Helmar Dust Away Spray and pointed the long nozzle in the direction I wanted the puddle to go.
Once they were dry I cut them up and added some stamping in black. I then backed them in black card stock and mounted them on a white card.
I liked using the Helmar Dust Away Spray it really made it easy and fun. I think this would also make an awesome background for a scrapbook layout.
Have a great day