Saturday, August 8, 2015

Inner Child...


Another art journal page finished in my Moleskine today. This is another of my characters I liked that I did in my other Artstronaut club journal. I copied a few of them on my printer, they are made from bits and pieces of the wonderful collage sheets that are a part of the club. This time I went bright using DecoArt Americana Turquoise Blue, Vivid Violet in the background, then some Brilliant Red in the circles. I used my finger in some Snow white and just gave them each a little highlight. It was tricky when the circles got so tiny up on the left. Used the Andy Skinner stencil, Have your say for the white letters. Bit of stamping with a couple of stamps here and there. Then lots of splatters in watered down DecoArt Media line Gesso. Splatters are fun, they seem to bring it all together. I went around all the circles with my black Stabilo pencil then with the waterbrush to darken. Then around them again in black pen and doodling with a bit of the white signo pen. Just trying to add depth and interest.  Around the main character and his bit of collage that he is standing on, I used a Neocolour II and then rubbed it in to blend out with my finger. 
I am going to enter this in a challenge this month for the group on facebook that I am in called Mixing it up every day.. You have to use your fingers to paint an art journal page. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is going to create. 

Have a great day
Sandy :)

4 comments:

  1. This really caught my eye. I love it! And special thanks for sharing how you accomplished it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Sandy! Painting with your fingers, how fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..