Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 8 Art every day Month

Today I chose butterflies from the Typo pack of stencils.. I thought how I would like to do some butterflies.  In my mind I had them fluttering across the page when I was thinking about what to do with this stencil. Started with a baby wipe and some pink and yellow paint.. Then the butterflies mauve and that lovely burgundy I like so much.. Then used the burgundy for the Dylusions stencil the diamonds..  Next a Balzar design stencil Mini bubble doily with some Gesso. Rubbed some Gesso over the diamonds to kind of blend them into the background a bit more where they belonged.. I then looked on my desk in my little container of things I have cut out and not used. I found more butterflies and a birdcage that was just the perfect colour. A few little flowers that I just had to pop on the top, with a brad through and thought yep done.
Quote today " Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder." Thoreau. 

If you missed what I am up to, I am joining in with 'November Art every day month'. Click on the link below for more details of how you can join in too. 
aedmlogored
Art every day month : day 8

Have a great day 
Sandy :)

7 comments:

  1. I wish I owned stencils. I have none, so reading all the ones you used today made my heart flutter faster than those butterflies. This is a lovely spread, and I always love Thoreau.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading how you put the page together. Beautiful rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy hearing your process. LOVE the finished piece and especially the burgundy!

    Have a great weekend!

    dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy it when someone details their process. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoreau seems to be following me around today. I am glad I visited your page and found his dear words - and your lovely art journaling - together, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful AJ page and a lovely quote worth thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have recently started my art journal, 5 at a time Lol! I love to paint and your ideas helped me a lot, Thank you, I hope some day I publish some of them...

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..