Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 9 Art every day Month & Aussie tag swap


Today I am showing the tag that I have made for the Aussie tag swap that I am in. The theme for the month was 'Time'.  I started with gathering up everything I had to do with the time theme.  I then modpodged some book paper on the tag.  I roughed up the edges and blended with walnut stain and aged the paper with old paper stain. Next came the numbers, that was a Dylusion stencil blended on with more walnut stain. I had been looking everywhere for a quote, you know now how much I love to find quotes.. Tracy from MMM that week had dared us to do a project and just pop one word on it.. Perfect solution for this I thought.  So framed 'Time' up with some brads at the bottom right. Next came the clock it just did not look right with just the clock on it.. I was rummaging through a draw and found the little paper doilies that I had brought ages ago. It just fitted perfectly as the background to my clock. I blended more old paper distress ink on it and popped a decorative brad through the middle.. The gears are a punch that I punched in black cardstock.. Brown ribbon at the top and it was done... 

Here is the tag I received from Diane of Cardenofelan .. 
Diane's tag
It is just wonderful, the steampunk chipboard gears and die cuts that she has used they just look so terrific.. I love the background covered in that silver foil tape and embossed it looks really effective.. The little clock charm is just the right finishing touch to a wonderful tag so glad to have this in my collection.. Thanks Diane...


If you missed what I am up to, I am joining in with 'November Art every day month'. Click on the link below for more details of how you can join in too. 

aedmlogored
art every day month : day 9

Have a great day 
Sandy :)

6 comments:

  1. OMG.....both of these tags are gorgeous! So glad you girls have enjoyed interpreting the 2013 themes, hope you join in my 2014 - Aussie 12 months of Notecards Swap for just as much fun as you had this year.
    Hugs..Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. How do you fit so much art in so small a space?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cool tags! The tag swap sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tags!!!!! Love all of the little details in Time !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't decide which tag I like better. Both are fantastic and TIME-ly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..