Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Set of Draws.

I have had this set of draws from Kaisercraft for a while. I had them painted in Gesso so I used some of the Helmar Tacky Craft glue to glue it together. I have used this before on these wooden projects and it always works terrific and holds so well.



I painted all the pieces with Gesso to seal it all.


I then ran a line of Helmar Tacky Craft Glue around all the back edges. I set some heavy books and my container of journals on it and let it dry.


Using some Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste I tore up some music papers and glued them here and there on all the sides, top and back. Covering the joining slots.


I then painted it trying to leave a bit of the music paper showing here and there. Waited for it to dry and sanded the edges and some of the painted surfaces. I wanted it to look a bit distressed.Then using a TCW stencil I added some little detail with a make up sponge in some white paint.


To do the draws I added some music paper with some of the Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste and then painted it. Folded the draws up and then painted in the crevices, making sure none of the cardboard was showing.


Then I grabbed the Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive  and glued the edges together. Just holding them until they stuck this takes just a few seconds.



I like to add a quote that I type up on my typewriter to my wooden projects. This ended up on the side. I added it using the Helmar Tacky Craft Glue.



I was looking for something to add at the top on the heart and found some thongs (flip flops) and the word chill. Thought it kind of looked beachy my project so thought that will be perfect. I have a beach house stamp, so continuing with that theme I stamped that on some cardstock with watercolour paint. I backed it with a bit of blue card stock that had been painted using my Gelli plate. It matched so thought that looked ok. I painted the word to match.and added a piece of Hessian under the work chill to make it stand out. Added some string that I tied into knots and to adhere this I added the Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive in dots under the knots to stick it down, it worked really well.



This was such a fun project to do and now I have a handy little set of draws to store some craft items away.

Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..