Friday, September 4, 2015

A Beautiful Heart...

It was Friday craft and art morning with my friends and today I did this background page in my Moleskine art journal. 


I cut a heart out of book paper and painted it in DecoArt American Blue mist and Advocado dip. Some Lamp black for the little circles through some sequin waste. Then I grabbed a little top from one of my sprays and did some circles. I used a card for the background and my finger for blending, just using the same colours I used on my heart. I used a bit of the Americana Flesh tone on to start and worked in layers from that neutral colour and then used that same colour on the top layers. 

When I came home I wrote the quote. I have been wanting to use this big quote. I have had it in my little quote book for ages, just waiting for the right page. 

A Beautiful heart can bring 
things into your life that all the
money in the world couldn't obtain. 

By Dau Voire. .

Posting this over at Paint Party Friday 

Have a great day
Sandy :)

12 comments:

  1. Lovely journal pages, great quote, too. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, too. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spread and beautiful words.
    Have a happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous artwork and I love that quote...an important one!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pages are this Sandy! What a fantastic quote!
    Thank you very much for joining us at Art Journal Journey!
    Happy weekend!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely thoughts and beautiful journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful page, beautiful quote, and beautiful hand writing too! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandy!!!! Your pages are warm and so touching to the heart. I love the colors and the quote is so true. Have a fabulous weekend.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice page and love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quote too, thanks for sharing it and your illustration of it is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The creativity is awesome. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work - love the quote and colours Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..