Friday, July 10, 2015

Layers...


On a Friday I go to my friends house and we art journal and try different techniques. Today I painted in my Moleskine art Journal. There is lots of layers I will try to describe what we did and what I used. 


First I added some DecoArt Americana paint in Yellow Green, Lemon Yellow and Orange flame. I used the wonderful Andy Skinner stencil Tornado look how fun that swirl is. 


Then I added some stamping with a Darkroom Door Paint splatter stamp. My friend had that awesome black swirl stamp so we both added that one. 
I added a layer of glaze then painted over the top of that with white paint. 
Rubbed the white paint back over a Donna Downey vine stencil with some alcohol rubbing fluid. Found a cute little bird and added that too. 
Then when I got home I added the DecoArt Media line Crackle Glaze all over the top and let it dry for the afternoon. The cracks were still not showing up as much as I wanted so I grabbed some DecoArt Antiquing cream in the Patina Green colour. Rubbed over all the white paint part with my finger and let it dry a little. Then I rubbed it back with a baby wipe.  


Had to take a close up photo for you of the cracks, they are awesome. 
Added this wonderful quote by Mary Lou Cook.

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, 
taking risks, breaking rules,
 making mistakes and having fun.

Popping this over on Paint Party Friday, Hi all. 

Have a great day 
Sandy :)

14 comments:

  1. fperfect quote for today's project. it came out totally awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you have made, I can see that you really had fun! Great quote, too, just perfect! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great seeing the different layers and love the quote. Thanks for the comment on my blog and I am a huge fan of the pear tea as well... And the one I painted was in my local Coles here is Brisbane... Hope they are available in yours too...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages and quote. Like other works too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this and the crackle is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what wonderful art! Your journal pages are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, Sandy! And I love that quote and all that crackle! You two must have so much fun playing together!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the crackle and the Patina rub, looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome . Don't you just love the crackle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this background.. Great piece. love the quote as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh I love those cracks too...and all of the pages...I saw the swirly one on instagram and at first thought the black was a spider...lol then I realized it was a splatter...wonderful work..Excellent quote too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your crackled look. Great page. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..