Friday, April 17, 2015

Junk Journal...

I watched a tutorial on making a Junk Journal that Teesha Moore did on The Artstronauts club. It was last year and it stuck with me thinking gee I must make one of those.. So last week I went through all the recycling and tore some magazine covers off.. Anything that I thought would hold up to some collage. Sewed and stitched pages together and came up with this. So here are some pages in my Junk Journal.. 


This first one I was trying to incorporate the collage more.. So I did more of the black and yellow spots and I went off the collage for the tree branches.. I made a red pod  and gave the character a pink and purple tail. 


With this I was just really cutting and sticking collage from the collage sheets from Teesha.. Piecing it together. Bit of doodling and making some swirls along the edge.. Some of my drawn collage for the arms. That sheet of arms and legs that I drew and copy out on the computer comes in handy. 


With this one I felt more in the swing of it. Bit of doodling and drew the little pink line of characters. Not sure about the spots and the blue rock thing the flower grub is sitting on but it is what it is..  

Saying hi over at Paint Party Friday
and at Art Journal Journey favourite poems and quotes.

Have a great day
Sandy :)

17 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL! Love what you have made, well done! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love them!! They turned out beautiful and interesting and whimsical!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are fab - i love your script work and the colours are all so intense

    ReplyDelete
  4. as always you do such a fabulous job with collage and art journaling period!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous junk journal..love your pages! Thank you for joining us at Art Journal Journey!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always make these look so fantastic. If I was to try this mine would look like "Huh, what the heck is this mess". I love what you make and like one woman said they look so whimsical. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy. Lots of great things going on here. Your collage and journaling is awesome. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, your work is wonderful. All of it looks like Teesha Moore. I love the doodling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO fun Sandy! I love hearing your process and seeing it thru your photos is awesome! Those pages are jam packed with visual interest!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really intrested in this junk journal that you are doing. I want to try one when free time lets me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your junk journal looks great. Fabulous art. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, coming to visit and catch up with you is like taking a visit to a art studio / museum of the creatively brilliant, Sandy! How fun it must be to just let your Muse loose and go with the flow! You are remarkable!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your collage pieces, there is so much fun details to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun project - love your junk journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  15. there is so much to look at in each page, but you really look like you are developing a strong style by the bottom one... lovely pages...xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how these turned out. Each page is so fun to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are super! Such a sweet, whimsical style, and looks like fun to create!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..