Saturday, August 1, 2015

Do more of what you love...

Today I was painting in my Moleskine art journal and using all my favourite colours at the moment. DecoArt Americana Orange Flame, Sea Breeze, Lemon Yellow and this time I added some Petal Pink. 


I started by using some book paper for the flower centres. I just cut round circles and of course there had to be three. I also cut some loopy, swirly cut outs and glued 2 of those on.  I painted the centres of the flowers orange and then got my finger in some white paint and swirled. Did the same thing with the loopy cut outs. I then brushed on the background in the Lemon yellow and the Sea Breeze. Roughly drew some flower petals and painted inside them in pink. I went around the petals with the stabillo pencil adding water to darken and then some doodling with black pen and a Unibal signo white pen. I grabbed some stencils and added some more of the Orange Flame and then some little circles with a Finibar stencil in Snow (Titanium) White. I added some more doodling around some of the stenciling in pens, just to pop them a bit. I was going to glue the words on with one of my pre printed quotes but thought this time I would write it on. So on went the words. Do more of what you love.
Over in a group I am in on Facebook called Mixing it up every day we are having an art journal page challenge. So I am going to link this up. Come and join in on the fun over on Facebook it is a great little group and its all very welcoming and fabulous to see what everyone is making.

Have a great day
Sandy :)

3 comments:

  1. This will be the header tomorrow for the Mixing it Up challenge, your art journaling rocks! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, can't believe you created this from left over paints!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stuff and great effort. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..