Thursday, November 13, 2014

Life and a cat...


Love my cats so thought it was about time that I popped one on a journal page.. I drew this cat in my sketch book a few weeks ago.. I coloured it in last night with watercolour pencils and thought, oh think she needs a page to sit on.. So this was another of my squish pages. Its leftover Dylusion sprays squished in my art journal.. I added the letters in black and put the cat on there and thought yep she suits it on those colours, but what to put on the other page?  She so looked like there was something interesting over on that page.. So thought hmm string how do you draw string? So after looking at some pictures of balls of string, I drew this painted it and stuck it on there too.. She looks like she is contemplating that string now.. Then to find a quote, found this one and thought yep perfect.. Life is like a cat playing with an endless ball of string.. 

Day 13 of Art Every Day Month.

Have a great day
Sandy :)

8 comments:

  1. I too love that cat :)

    My link if you like to visit:
    http://nfverk.blogspot.se/2014/11/the-new-home-of-digital-art-meme-dam.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Life with a cat is a good life and I love your quirky puss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this is so cute, I love it. It's so good I grabbed it and stuck it into my inspiration folder, I hope that's ok. I love looking at art that makes me think of things I want to do and I not only love the colors here but the way the cat and string jump off the page because they're pasted on. fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot to say, I'm visiting from AEDM and if you want to visit, my blog is http://www.justaddwatersilly.com (just in case you didn't want me having your art in my inspiration folder!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool cat! Love the way you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, love theses pages. They are purr-fect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant. love the expression on that cat's face :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One cat lady to another, your spread is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..