Friday, August 29, 2014

My art supply case...


I was needing a new case for my travel supplies as I could not go away without doing some form of art and the case I have now is too small. I saw this on a clearance rack last week and thought oh that is just the perfect size.. So took some photos of the way I did this along the way.. 



This is what it looked like to start with and even thought I love owls these where a bit too kiddy for me.. So as I am in that I will cover everything with collage mood off I went.. 







First I covered both sides with Gesso.. 
Then I painted them both with Turquoise Kaisercraft Kaisercolour paint.
I cut out a heap of collage pieces from Collage sheets from the Teesha Moore's Artstronauts club. I am really enjoying my membership and getting so much handy information and inspiration..
All the purple, yellow and blue painted bits is my art work that I cut to fit in my scanner and then copied and printed 2 sheets to cut up into shapes. 


Side 2
I did not take any photos while I was doing the collage I get so sticky and messy that there is no way I am touching anything.. I will just say that the tutorial that I watched on Jenniebellie (watch it here) last week on collage was the way I did it and it stuck it down so well.. I used Helmars Decoupage and craft paste to glue it all down. 
Put glue on the case.
Then glue on the piece of paper you are sticking down.
Then glue over the top.
Then wipe with credit card to really press it on.. 


Side 1
I had to have dangly bits off the handle so popped some of my rolled paper beads off there.. They are threaded on some blue twine. Then just a bit of turquoise lace that I have had on my desk just had to go on there too..  Can you tell I like blue.

Edge

On the side I popped some washi tape that I had as I am getting quite a collection of and it was so nice to use some up on this.. 
So hope you like my case and that next time you see something on clearance that you take a second glance and think collage.. 
I am going to link this at the following
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge anything goes

Have a great day
Sandy :)

15 comments:

  1. Great work, love how your case looks now. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like what you've done here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for an art case! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very cool...I love both before and After!! A great art case!! I'm with you on the progression shots...I am way too into the moment and gooey to take photos!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. great way to use collage! Just seeing it makes one want to go and make some art... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your collage and the innovative way you have changed the case, great work, and I enjoyed your word-picture progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowow Sandy this is awesome!!! I love all the detail. This will be a stopper when you are traveling. People will want a closer look at it.
    Nicole/Beadright

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, please show what it looks like inside with all your art goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love it! :D Beautiful, magical and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun project, Sandy, and now you have a real conversation piece! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how your travel case turned out. Much improved over the owls, sweet as they were but the personal touch is so much better. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how it turned out, thanks for sharing your lovely altered case!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It absolutely changed...lovely :)
    Deepa
    http://www.deepazworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I have seen a few altered cases and yours by far is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..