Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 25 Art every day Month

Today I was set a challenge by my friend Sandee.. Sandee talked about 
Typography- The work of producing printed pages from written material.  
Also about what your individual handwriting means..  Both very interesting topics.. Read more at Frosted Designs 
I so need to work on my handwriting and not be afraid to just write things in my journal.. So I accepted that challenge and ran with it and created 2 pages in my journal.. I had fun writing things in all different ways..  I know now that more of my handwriting will be appearing in more of my journal. I started with just spraying the Kaisercraft doily stencil on it.  I used the positive on the right side and then flipped it onto the left..  That gave me some edges to work with and I liked the way the quote fit all around the circle, that was just fluky.. I added the tag in but wanted to still be able to see it and what was around it. So I stuck some acetate on there, making a pocket with glue dots and glue will see if it holds.. I had a lot of fun finding things to write in all the little spots.. Click on the photo to make it bigger if you are having trouble reading the writing... 


If you missed what I am up to, I am joining in with 'November Art every day Month'. Click on the link below for more details of how you can join in too. 
aedmlogored
Have a great day 
Sandy :)

2 comments:

  1. This looks like fun. I went to the site you linked and enjoyed reading about what "language looks like." Your typography looks interesting and I'm sure you had fun creating this spread, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the doily stencil and that was the first thing that caught my eye, and the blue is so lovely! Nice use of letter styling, too. I am trying to work on that in my journal as well so there is some procrastination there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..