Monday, January 14, 2013

Retro Sketches #46



I have enrolled in an online craft class and this is one of the techniques they showed.. You use a blending tool and a stencil and mask off areas of the card.. Well I had a lovely rose stencil. I used this weeks wonderful sketch from Retro Sketches and my favourite colors of Razzleberry and Old Olive.
I tried a new way of putting my bows on too under the brad and attached it that way thought it needed a little ribbon..  Used a little mister and added a little sparkle to the flower popped up the middle leaves to add a little dimension.. Was a fun technique and will be looking around for stencils now.. Always like a technique that  you can expand with what you already have.

So here is my card..



I would like to welcome 2 new followers to my little blog of cards, Judith and SiskiyouSue. So pleased that you have joined as a follower hope you find something to inspire you or just make you smile.. 

Have a great day
Sandy :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy, what a great technique, you're very clever, well done!
    xxxxxxxxxx
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That technique yields fabulous results. Love the bright colors too! Thanks for joining us at retro sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great technique I love the effect! Fab colours too, I saw it on MIM and came for a closer peek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Sandy, love the technique and gorgeous colours,Fabulous CAS card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love to use Retro Sketches as my inspiration too. You did a great work with this flower stamp.

    Due to my illness I'm a little behind on my crafting and visiting this week. But anyway, here am I, stopping by from MIM. My project this week is 241.

    Thanks for inspiration.

    K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..