Friday, September 23, 2016

Collage fun.

So I often get asked what do you do with the ICAD cards when you are finished with them. Well I like to copy them on my printer for collage. Such fun images to go in my collage art journals. I make the journals out of watercolour paper and have them for the size that they fit in my fauxdori. They are the Travelers notebook size.  I am in The Artstronauts Club it is fabulous for collage. Teesha is very generous with her wonderful collage sheets and I love cutting and piecing pieces together to make something new. 



Thought I would show a bit of a progress shot in the picture below. 
I got a bit stuck with this one and it was a few weeks before I came back to it and finished it off with the bird in the bottom left corner and the writing. More dots and lines a few more trees and it filled that big spot that at the time I had no idea what to do with. 


It was a fun page and I have done another one that I will pop on my blog in the coming days,.
 
This is my Fauxdori that I made out of my old leather handbag. I just love the soft leather on this and I am glad I was able to reuse the leather. Its great to take with me in my handbag and slot different notebooks into as I need them. 
Linking this up with Paint Party Friday. Hi everyone.


Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful collage, I love collage, too - real and digital and hybrid. Your little leather note book is fantastic, great idea. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collage page. Love the style you do your art journalings.
    Happy PPF ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! I also love re-using my art in collages. It's fun to make something new out of "old" stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I am terrible at collage so I love seeing your art in this category. You make it looks so balances and attractive to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Show me how you made that fauxdori!!!! Its fabulous and what a great idea to scan and print your ICAD cards for collage use. I think I heard you say that once on your broadcasts, but I think I filed that little bitty away when watching you doodle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely page design! Your composition is pleasing and balanced. --Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOw all amazing ideas! Thanks for sharing them.. love the leather fauxdori!Your icad page is beautiful... Love the idea of reusing them. I do that with other work...but never thought of the icads!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never thought of copying icads and cutting them up! So many ideas ...and going back and looking at my blog, I've realised that we were commenting back in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you use those ICADS, I always wondered what people did with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..