Friday, July 8, 2016

A Girl and her Cat...

Today for the Helmar Creative Team and I go into more details over there.  I re-created an art journal page that I had recently done and I really liked the colour and design of and thought it would be nice to have it on my wall in my art room.












I have not changed this much, but I did not just want to have a copy from my printer on my wall. I liked the way the girl looked with her dress. I had no problem with painting the cat or the flowers again as I have been doing those a lot. I just liked the shape of the girl and the way the dress looked. So thought I would copy her on my printer from my art journal and pop her on the painted background. So I painted the whole background of the spread again on a canvas with the cat. I just used the same DecoArt paints and blended the colours the same way.

I made a copy of my art journal page and with the Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste I spread it on the back of the fussy cut girl and on the painted canvas.


 Using the paint and glue spreader I smoothed out all the bubbles.


I am happy that I can now hang this on my wall and see it and it's not only in my art journal. Now I am looking at what else I have in my art journals that I might like to copy and pop on my wall.

Linking this up with Paint Party Friday and off to see what you have all been up to this week.

Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh how I love that kitty! What a sweet piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely piece, and you will enjoy seeing it daily on your wall! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely art work ~ very creative, colorful and expressive ~ Great piece for your wall!

    Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever and it turned out so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable canvas ! Lovely!
    Happy weekend!
    oxo Susi
    ♥♥♥ Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a lovely idea to re-create your page, I should think about doing this too sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...I too love the way that dress flows!! Great idea to collage it onto a base!! Wonderful style and colours!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..