Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Artstronauts...


Last year I bought one of Teesha Moore's awesome mystery grab bags of mixed rubber stamps.. I have had such fun stamping them to see what they look like. Sometimes you just cant really see it till you stamp it out.. I saw this was faces but until I stamped it and went woohoo, I just did not know how awesome this one was.. The faces are all in the one stamp but I cut them up separately to make three Artstronauts..
I had this great Gelli print of the purple collaged on the bottom, so added blue circles and spots to match the border at the sides. The collage is some from Teesha Moore and some printed out art from my index cards. The blue bodies of the Artstronauts are from a sheet of collage paper from Jenniebellie.  Her blue border collage made awesome space suits. I added some Zendangles and more white spots and some long reeds to make it a bit more space like. I also drew my own sheet of separate black and white striped arms and legs that I can print out to use on my collage. 
This was done in my Watercolour travelers notebook insert that I made.. It Travels everywhere with me in my handbag and I like to add bits of doodling to the collage here and there. Today I did the black stripey reeds and that's when I thought, think this is done now. One day I may add some words, you just never know but for now I am calling it done. Hope you like my Artstronauts.

Adding this over at Creative Every Day check in for week Feb 16 - 22. 

Have a great day
Sandy :)

5 comments:

  1. Honestly, Sandy, you should be a children's book illustrator!! Your Artstronauts are extraordinary!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art compliments the stamp beautifully.... I love this piece so much! I am a colour freak and love how you use colour!! So glad to find your blog!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your robots and the zen dangles, great journal pages!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..