Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 11 Art every day Month

Sandee  from In the hills of North Carolina is a Design Team member for Frosted designs . Sandee did her new weekly youtube video of Sunday's with Sandee.  I have been following along with these and just loved the technique she did today it was with waxed paper and fantastic. The big yellow flower and the spotty background and how she showed it with a watercolour background and without, I just had to have a go.. So I sprayed my wax paper with the yellow as I so loved Sandee's yellow background.  I then opened some of my new sprays and dobbed the wax paper with spots of ink spray. Then set it aside to dry like I was told.. Sprayed with water and pressed on my paper.. That was my background so easy and so quick and love the results.. Next I cut up my wax paper into a flower.. Gee it gives a lovely texture once it is all modpodged on.. Sandee said not to waste the paper towel so I used that for my centre like she did, more texture to the page.. Great hints happening here from her..  So Next I thought hmmm yep time for some doodling.. I had so wanted to doodle around a flower for a while but my flowers always seem too small to get the effect that I have wanted.  So today with the big flower yep its time for some more doodling.. So the stem and around the flower got the black montana pen and the signo white pen around the petals.. For the white on the stem I used Gesso and a paint brush. The whole page was just fun from start to finish and another new technique was learned. The quote for today is "Flowers don't worry about how they're going to bloom. They just open up and turn towards the light and that makes them Beautiful". Jim Carry. 



If you missed what I am up to, I am joining in with 'November Art every day month'. Click on the link below for more details of how you can join in too. 
aedmlogored


Have a great day 
Sandy :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is fantastic. We never know where inspiration will come from, and this certainly inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!! Your big yellow flower is perfect and I think the doodling around the edges makes it pop!! Thank you so much for playing along with me!! I am pinning this to my Sunday with Sandee board!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..