Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hearts...


Last weekend I was playing around with a few things I had been collecting and wanted to see what they looked like with paint on them..  So I have been looking at a few youtube videos and this kind of stuck with me.. If you want to journal and you are stuck for an idea of how to start.. Grab the scrap paper pile and start tearing and gluing. Now I have no idea who it was that said it but that's how I started this.. Its totally random cut out some pretty paper with hearts on it, then just ripped it up.. I had made some stencils out of plastic with some of my punches that's the hearts on there.. Had my stitching stamps out still as I had been using them on another page, so the stitching stamp went through the middle of the hearts.. The little diamonds are an onion bag that I saved and wanted to see what it looked like with paint on it.. Dropped purple ink on the pages and let it run as had not done that..  I just love purple and pink together and that lovely magenta just pops.. The love is some new alphabet foam stamps I brought for really cheap so they worked quite well, would probably put more paint on them next time to make it a bit darker or should have popped gesso on them first maybe..  So these pages are filled with learning so that is always a good thing.

I would like to say a big Hi and welcome to 2 new followers to my blog Robin and Craftydebs.

Have a great day
Sandy :)

4 comments:

  1. Me too! (Following!) It is fun to see all your lovely creations! And what a cute cat widget! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture and the colors you have used on your page are lovely.
    Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy, I have been looking through your posts and reading, and come to the concussion that you are my kind of crafter. Someone that is in it for the fun and that is not afraid to try something new :) We do have some mutual followers, so I believe that it was destiny for our path to cross at some point. I am your newest follower and I would like to take this opportunity to invite you over to follow me back.
    Have a week filled with happiness and smiles.
    Your newest blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous color!!! Love the hearts and paper you added first! Fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..