Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Decoration and card

Hi everybody, had fun making this little bird cage decoration with the Tim Holtz movers and shapers bird and a cage die cut.. I cut the cage out in craft card stock and then inked it up with walnut stain.  The mini tags is a punch from Stampin'up and the Merry Christmas was from the stampin'up set Teeny tiny sentiments. Papers where from Kaisercraft Dear Santa 6x6 paper pack. The card is 4 inch x 12 inch and scored at 4 and 8 inch very easy card to make.. Then I just cut the front 2 panels from corner to corner.. Wanted to have something to be able to slide the little birdcage in.. I just popped a brad on the back and slid the birdcage over the top of it to hold it there.. 

So here is my card...




I would like to welcome a new follower to my little blog of cards Miss Cindy.  Hope you pop in every now and then and say hi..

I am going to enter this into the following challenges

Fussy and fancy challenge I love Christmas
Q K R Stampede Holliday Cheer
Jingle Belles Rock Anything (holiday) goes
Have a great day 
Sandy :)

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,love the design and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really incredible, Sandy! Wow.

    Hey, a friend of Mister's sent this email with AMAZING pictures of woodstacked "art." I think you would really get a kick out of it. I don't see your email on here, but if you want me to forward it to you, let me know at darnell.knauss@gmail.com. It's from a trusted source. Also, how are the owl babies doing?

    Have a great weekend!
    Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous - what great idea to use as a Xmas decoration in the card!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandy. Your card is Fabulous. Visiting from MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy. Your card and fold is Fantastic. Visiting from MIM....Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice one.. I loved the bird cage ..

    Saw on MIM.. thought of dropping in to admire !!

    Love
    Manu!
    http://hands-full-of-art.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely project - ove the combination of card and ornament. Great colors and love the detail of the banner with sentiment! Visiting from MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super project! Thanks for sharing on MiM.
    Sue x (MiniOwner @26)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, Sandy...and a bargain: card and ornament! How clever. Popping in from MIM. Thanks for visiting me and leaving a sweet comment... A

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful, cage and bird is so cute.saw on MIM.
    megha

    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at QKR Stampede. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely card! I love all of the detail and the fun fold! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our, "I love Christmas" challenge!
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your card on MIM. I am so glad I stopped by. Love the card the fold and the great little gift. LOVE it. My cards are 25 & 62

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome idea! Love the ornament in your holiday card! Thank you for joining our QKR Challenge this week.
    Ruza ~ QKR DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi

    Fantastic card! I love the shape and the gorgeous papers.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous idea, beautifully done! I love your dusky colours and paper choices. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..